Going Romance 34 - Zoom
General tips and basics of using Zoom
Basics of using Zoom
- For a short Tutorial on using zoom (7 slides) please click here.
- For one slide explaining the use of Break-out rooms in Zoom click here.
- For screen shots of different functions in Zoom click here.
- For more detailed instructions on using Zoom see https://saltconf.github.io/salt30/zoom.html
General Zoom tips
- Use the computer (desktop) version of Zoom for full features
- Update your Zoom client regularly (open the client and click zoom.us > Check for Updates) - new functionalities are added frequently (video instructions)
- Use a wired connection if you can
- Turn off or pause background syncing (dropbox, google sync, backups, etc)
- Limit the number of applications and tabs open
- If you're having trouble with your connection, turn off your video
- Use headphones to avoid echo in your audio
- Keep yourself muted when you are not talking. Then unmute yourself using the microphone/(un)mute button or ⌘/Alt+A or holding down the space bar.