Going Romance 34 - Special session - Appel à comm
Going Romance 34 - Special session
Preposition-Determiner Contractions : architectural considerations (Programme)
Wednesday 25 Nov 2020 - Digital conference
Invited speaker for the special session
- Anne Carlier (Sorbonne Université)
Extended deadline: Tuesday 14 July 2020.
This workshop aims to bring together work on various aspects of Preposition-Determiner interactions in Romance, including but not limited to the following topics:
- The Syntax-Phonology Interface: underlying phonological representation of determiners, phonological shape of the stem, procliticisation, lexical and segmental decomposition of determiners and Preposition-Determiner contractions
- The Morphology-Phonology Interface: phonological conditions on the morphological realizations, allomorphy: how many lexical representations?
- Visibility of information and modularity: phonology in the morphology or vice-versa; grammatical information associated to the phonological underlying representation
- Phonologically-conditioned or morphological-conditioned allomorphy.
- Syntax and semantics of Preposition-Determiner contractions
- Syntax and semantics of Partitive determiners
- Prepositions and Determiner omission
- Diachrony of P+D contractions and Partitive determiners
- L1 and L2 acquisition of P+D contractions and partitive determiners
Abstracts should be anonymous and no longer than two pages A4, including references and examples, with margins of at least 2,5 cm, font size 12, single-spaced. The file should be anonymous both in the body of the text and in the filename. Please make sure all fonts and figures are correctly rendered.
Submissions are limited to a maximum of one individual and one joint abstract per author for the entire 3-day event. Please indicate in your submission whether your abstract should be considered for the main session, or for the special session on Preposition-determiner interactions in Romance. Please also indicate whether your paper is to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts not conforming to these requirements will not be taken into consideration. The abstracts should be submitted in .PDF format through EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gr34 no later than
Sunday 5 July 2020. Extended deadline: Tuesday 14 July 2020.
Organizers: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr & Michela Russo